Jonathan: May 2011 Archives
Here’s where we’re at:
- Physics judging is underway, with results from the IOP’s panel starting to trickle their way to SciCast Orbiting World Headquarters. Woohoo!
- We’re chasing the last few details for the last few films, then we’ll put together shortlists for all the other categories.
- We’re hoping to announce the category nominations on Friday 3rd June.
If you started submitting a film but haven’t actually, you know, sent it in yet, you still stand a very slim chance of making it into this year’s competition if you upload it right now. If you’re having problems with the upload system, email us. Immediately!
You’ll noticed that we’ve not yet published any 2011 films, thanks to our last-minute and entirely unplanned switch to a completely different film archive. We’ve still a little work to do making sure all the previous films are there — at last count we had 50 films still to post. Many of these are films that broke, didn’t display, fell off, were mysteriously deleted from, or plain didn’t work in our old archive, so you’ll be seeing them for the first time.
So: enjoy the new old films, and we’ll get the new new films on the site just as soon as we’ve caught up.
It’s here. We’ve taken a deep breath, and put our new film archive live. The old one’s still linked in the sidebar just in case, but over the next few days and weeks we’ll:
- Finish moving the archive over from the old site to the new one.
- (Finally!) publish all the films that fell through the cracks in the old system.
- Publish this year’s competition entries.
We’ve added a page of notes about the new archive; you’re very welcome to leave comments here, or there.
We hope you like the new look, the new features, and the new… everything.